January 20th, 2009 | My Crazy EarthBound Cart, Videos

(For details about what this is, see here)

OK, Part 2 of my crazy EarthBound cart adventure is up! I wanted to rush ahead to get Paula to see if she’s been affected at all… and I wasn’t disappointed. I had to break the video up into two parts though.

The first part isn’t anything too special, mostly just me being overpowered as usual, but I also do some other things. I didn’t do any cuts to this video, so you get to see all the regular boring stuff like me using the ATM. Oh boy! 😉

This second part is better though, and some various weird things happen. I had to do some cuts to get the video under 10 minutes, and a lot of the Peaceful Rest Valley stuff was boring anyway. At the very end I get Paula to join, and that’s where I stop.

So give ’em a watch and see what happens! By the way, because YouTube comments aren’t always the smartest, here’s a pic of my setup. It’s probably part of the reason why I play the game in the dark 😉 One of these days I oughta tidy that junk up. But it’s almost like a piece of art at this point.

28 Comments to My Crazy EarthBound Cart, Part 2!

Darien said on Jan. 20, 2009

Man. That trip to Peaceful Rest Valley, with those accursed Ramblin’ Evil Mushrooms — that part of the game used to drive me completely mad. 🙂

I noticed that both Ness and Paula were showing a penchant for Smaaaaaaaaashing for exactly 1017 points of damage. Any idea why that would be?

Difegue said on Jan. 20, 2009

I love how the third HP number is just plain transparent.
And then wtf about HP dropping to 1 suddenly VS the Oak
I don’t remember the fact there was cultists in the cave Oo
Bahaha at Pokey still running, dunno if this was in the original game
And Paula’s uber level up, it’s like Magicant on steroids
Also Mato, is the Shroom thing just glitchied, or are you god at controlling shroomized Ness?

Also, you still have Halloween stuff
Also If I had such collector merch as you I would be a bit more careful about it :O
PS: I’m spotting Rocky

Poe said on Jan. 20, 2009

Difegue – there’s a trick to controlling mashroomized Ness on the SNES, you just have to turn the controller sideways. The direction will change every so often, and when it does, just turn the controller again.

Tsukihime said on Jan. 20, 2009

Yeah, I love being shroomed. Wait, I must find out if you can be shroomed while on a bike!

Aurilliux said on Jan. 20, 2009

They don’t let you ride the bike while ‘shroomed, if I remember correctly, sorry.

Mikhail said on Jan. 20, 2009

Mato, is your cart actually glitched or are you using some kind of cheat?

Poe said on Jan. 20, 2009

Mikhail – there’s no cheat that can cause stuff like that to happen. And if you looked closely at that picture, you’ll note that he’s not using a Game Genie either.

Dave said on Jan. 20, 2009

OMFG i want your mr saturn plushie

Mato said on Jan. 20, 2009

The cart really is glitched.

Erik said on Jan. 20, 2009

Hmmm… did you ever drop the cart? The only thing I can think of is maybe something came loose. Also, haha, nice set up. The scattered stuff makes it even more awesome. Reminds me of how my room gets after about a week.

Paige said on Jan. 20, 2009

Oh man.

is that a silver ps2 on top of another ps2?

Mato said on Jan. 20, 2009

Yeah, it’s a Japanese PS2. Except I can’t find the power cord for it so I tore my whole place up today looking for it for something for an upcoming update. Had to use a cord for something else, I hope it doesn’t fry my PS2 over time 🙁

gBev said on Jan. 20, 2009

Heh, Paula’s stat raising was insane.
I’m curious to see what the Magicant Boost will be like 😀

kevinchai said on Jan. 20, 2009

That’s pretty neat how the cart does that, but I am appalled that you keep your EarthBox in that pile. It should be on a shelf or something!

PsychicKuro said on Jan. 20, 2009

I remember those darned oaks..one of the reasons why I stop playing EB when I get to Peaceful Rest Valley. Brrr.

But dang, I couldn’t help but laugh at Paula’s insane stat raise.

XX Stone said on Jan. 20, 2009

Nah… it’s only 3800 HP.. that’s NOTHING for level 2.

Darien said on Jan. 20, 2009

It’s reasonably unlikely that the cord will cause any damage over time. As a rule, if it’s going to damage anything, it’ll probably do it right away, and you’ll notice due to the sparks and flame and smoke. If you’ve plugged it in and turned it on and it didn’t do that, it’s probably fine for the long haul.

shadowdeku said on Jan. 20, 2009

Your rig is pretty messy, but not quite as messy as mine. My TV, computer, and my game consoles, VCR, and DVD player are all in the exact same corner. Its a pain to clean, as you probably have experienced.

Mato said on Jan. 20, 2009

Actually, I did see a pretty bright spark in the outlet as I was plugging it in. But it was probably nothing. I hope.

082535 said on Jan. 22, 2009

I think the glitching is caused by a dead or dieing internal game-save CR2032 watch battery (I had to rape my Shaq-FU cartage to find this out oh well sucky game anyway). glitches where happening to my copy of Super Mario RPG which i think was the battery because the game would be crazy and stuff, and somehow i was getting things that i have never collected, and then one day all the saves where gone. I ended up selling my SNES and all except 1 (Shaq-Fu) of my games online (which 4 years later i realized that was a stupid thing to do)i think there are guides somewhere online on how to replace the battery in a SNES game it looked simple to me (just make sure you find and use the screwdriver “not a hack-saw” to open the cartage STUPID SHAQ-FU WORST SNES GAME EVER!)

Fooboo said on Jan. 27, 2009

You need a better word than crazy to describe this…
like ludacris.
or super mega ultra giga insanely crazy

PSInesslove93 said on Mar. 31, 2009

haha paula’s level up was awesome!

PKSTARMAN said on Jun. 27, 2009

just insane… thats all… i mean WTF?! this is crazy!

Sisto said on Aug. 9, 2009

Epic Tomato. Simply epic.
I can’t wait for my cart to do this.

Mr. Crosser said on Oct. 22, 2009

Erm… when this whole thing is done, try replacing the save battery in the cart. That COULD be the problem

Zoom! said on Aug. 10, 2011

The videos gone…

Zoom! said on Aug. 12, 2011

Nice place by the way 🙂

M1 Fan said on Sep. 11, 2012

NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
YOUTUBE REMOVED THE VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TOMATO IS TO AWESOME TO GET REMOVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!