January 17th, 2009 | Music Talk

Today’s song is Winters. There isn’t too much to say really, this is a pretty sweet song and one of the most representative songs in EB. I really like how the SNES allows for the jingling sample sound, and I always did like the “Deck the Halls” part at the very end before it loops. It took me forever to realize what that part was from, actually. So many fond memories of this song. And if you’ve ever tried the T-Rex Bat Challenge, you know this song very well I’m sure 😛

11 Comments to Music Talk: Winters

Jeeves said on Jan. 17, 2009

Ahh yes, the T-Rex Bat challenge! I found that sort of perversely fun, as long as it took. Mayhap I’ll do it again on my next playthrough.

Anyway, fun song.

Tansunn said on Jan. 17, 2009

I can’t remember if I ever took the time to do the T-Rex Bat challenge or not… I know I started it once, but I honestly can’t remember if I went all the way through with it or if I just gave up because it was taking so long. …so I probably didn’t do it.

Mikhail said on Jan. 17, 2009

T-Rex bat challenge? Enlighten me, please.

Alxprit said on Jan. 17, 2009

Here goes.

The T-rex Bat is an available item for buying up in the Winters Drugstore. Jeff obviously has not enough money for it… or does he?
By killing many enemies and collecting items, you can eventually rack up enough money to buy the T-Rex bat, which will make Ness extremely powerful until he gets the next bat in Summers. It’s tedious, but worth it.
Also, selling the Defense spray nets you an easy $250, and all the cookies from the Boarding School help, too.

TheBatFax said on Jan. 17, 2009

Yaaay, Winters! I’ve always loved that place’s music and it’s one of the tracks I can just listen to on loop for an hour or two. Such fun.

Nin10dude said on Jan. 17, 2009

I love this song, but unfortunately, the T-Rex Bat Challenge has associated it with some very tedious feelings. D:

Pimpshi said on Jan. 17, 2009

Oh man, this song is all nostalgia! T-Rex Bat Challenge, my childhood fear of Gruff Goats, and Picnic Lunch hunting outside of Stonehenge…it all just makes me want to go back and play through this game again!

I never noticed the Deck The Halls ending in there…it just fits in so well!

Crescendo said on Jan. 17, 2009

Tried the T-Rex Bat Challenge and failed, I think I needed something like 100 more bucks but I couldn’t wait anymore :I
I Love this song, it’s one of my favs in the entire soundtrack. I didn’t realize the last part was from Deck the Halls, I just remembered it was from a Christmas song, but not which one.

Aerostella said on Jan. 17, 2009

Ah, Winters. I figured out how to play a good part of that on the piano. Also, never noticed Deck the Halls at the end.

Poe said on Jan. 18, 2009

Honestly, I liked the music that played in Snow Wood Academy a lot more. Winters is still okay though.

Chuggaaconroy jr said on Jan. 29, 2012

funny when I’m listened to this song today it was snowing out side