January 23rd, 2009 | Music Talk

Today’s song is What a Great Picture!. Gotta say, I like the song once it starts (it’s even my cell phone ringtone for unknown numbers) but the intro music makes me think “oh god please just let me have a fast forward button” because that’s when that crazy photoman falls down and wastes your time.

But that aside, this is one of those main EB songs that will always be remembered. For good or bad 😉

13 Comments to Music Talk: What a Great Picture!

Darien said on Jan. 23, 2009

This is one of the main songs that really make me thing “Earthbound!” For whatever reason, it really sticks in my mind as a very Earthbound piece of music.

For the record, the other two are the Onett town music (the name of which I do not know), and Humoresque of a Little Dog.

Sonicandtails said on Jan. 23, 2009

Speaking of ringtones, for a few friends I have Hi Hi Hi with the intro clipped out for them.

It’s so awesome.

mitch said on Jan. 23, 2009

Now my ringtone.

Crono Breaker said on Jan. 23, 2009

Say Fuzzy Pickles!!! *click*

cj said on Jan. 23, 2009

And what follows this music is great.
I love the camera man, but other people seem to have mixed feelings for him.

satsy said on Jan. 23, 2009

I’ve never been big on collecting all the pictures, though I’m sure one day I’ll try that run. I’m quite certain the intro to that song would drive me nuts after a while.

Aurilliux said on Jan. 23, 2009

Haha, my ringtone is currently “Dry Guys” for a friend of mine, and ‘Beware the Forest’s Mushrooms’ for people I don’t know. I’ll have to throw this one on my phone somewhere.

Serious Latvian Mother said on Jan. 23, 2009

The photo man and item guy are actually manifestations of The Geek’s spirit. That’s why they can be anywhere, at any time, at the same time.

Serious Latvian Mother said on Jan. 23, 2009

(Originally Nintendo planned to change some of the plot: instead of a manifestation of ultimate evil, Giygas was to be an insane alien scientist, The Geek, mad with guilt over the murder of his wife, Pokeru Minchu.)

Leirin said on Jan. 23, 2009

That guy drove me nuts, but this sure is a nice song! Hehe.

Jupiter-x said on Jan. 23, 2009

when I first played through, I had heard stuff about the “Flying Man” so I thought that was refering to him. Wacky!

Master Chicken said on Jan. 23, 2009

When I first played EarthBound, it was last spring and summer. I grew up with an SNES, but missed the chance to play EB back then. This song’s use of the SNES sounds reminded me of playing Super Mario World and Mario All-Stars all those years back. Even though I didn’t know the music, at that point, I really felt like a kid again. It’s just like hearing Donkey Kong Country 2 music.

A sucker for HP said on May. 16, 2009

Would make a great percussion ensemble says I.