January 15th, 2009 | Music Talk

Today’s song is Stringent. I really like this MOTHER 3 battle song. At least from a listening standpoint. From a comboing standpoint, I seem to realllllly suck at it. Is that just me, or does it tend to mess most people up? There’s also another version of this song that I think is even harder. Or is this the hard one? Argh @ all the duplicate songs 😛

9 Comments to Music Talk: Stringent

Nin10dude said on Jan. 15, 2009

That’s strange… this song as always been one of my favorites because of how easily I’ve been able to pull off combos on it.

especensor said on Jan. 15, 2009

oh i find this one really hard as well. whenever i’m on a song that i can’t combo i just start mashing my buttons and hope to get the longest combo possible :P.

Darien said on Jan. 15, 2009

Yeah, that’s a good one — really dramatic. But I always found it comparatively easy to combo; at least, I found it slightly less extremely hard than most of the other songs. 😮

Hypotenuse Man said on Jan. 15, 2009

I can definitely understand not being able to combo with it. The fact that it speeds up screws with me horribly.

Aurilliux said on Jan. 15, 2009

Is the system more picky on combo-ing with certain characters than others? I usually 16-hit this song with Boney, Duster, and Salsa but can’t get more than like 4 with Kimmy or Lucas….

Mikhail said on Jan. 15, 2009

It seems everybody is good at one combo and will suck with another. I remember doing quite well with this one but then finding one my friend could do easily very difficult… Meanwhile, he had no problems with this one.

Crescendo said on Jan. 15, 2009

I’m just the opposite: I don’t like the song, but I almost always do at least 14 hit combos. I do REALLY suck at Fate/Serious, even if I like it oh so much. I just can’t seem to do more than 5 :I

Emily said on Jan. 15, 2009

I was never able to do the combos on this either, although I think I know the trick: press the button when the timpani plays, but not on the off beats. I also always screwed up before the huge tempo switch because I always thought it was coming a measure before it did.

I managed to get the combo system down on other songs pretty well, especially the one used (I think you’re fighting greedier mouse or something) where the pattern is 1 2 123. That’s one of my favorites. I think or at least hope the only reason I sucked at the combos was just I played the game on a keyboard and not controller.

Leirin said on Jan. 16, 2009

Love this one. Although I don’t think there are any Mother 3 tracks I disliked 😛 Maybe Track 120 (was that the number?), that one is freaky.

But anyway, beautiful.