January 27th, 2009 | Music Talk

Today’s song is Roving Tank. This is probably one of my more favorite songs from EarthBound Zero, though I know it’s honestly not that special, at least not compared to the other songs in the game.

What I really remember about this song though is that way back in 1998 and earlier, a Japanese MIDI of this found its way onto English sites, and since the EB0 ROM hadn’t been dumped yet, somehow people believed this was a song from the upcoming EarthBound 64. It took a while to kill that rumor. But people sure were excited by the rumor, I remember that.

8 Comments to Music Talk: Roving Tank

Darien said on Jan. 27, 2009

Almost sounds like something out of a Mega Man game, I’d say.

Spitball Sparky said on Jan. 27, 2009

I still miss the day of EarthBound 64 rumors. The world was a simpler place. On that note…

Hehe.

Difegue said on Jan. 27, 2009

I got to the Tank scene recently, and I must say I enjoyed the tune a bit before going to fight the robot near the Monkey Caves

Pimpshi said on Jan. 27, 2009

Man, I haven’t gotten this far yet in EB0, but this song is wicked! I’d love to hear a redone version of this song with real instruments for Rock Candy or something awesome.

Heh, if I have the time I might jump on that. 😛 I love it, very awesome.

Mato said on Jan. 27, 2009

I think there’ve been a few remixes made. One I remember is this one. Dunno who made it though.

Mikhail said on Jan. 28, 2009

This is awesome.

Severed Head said on Feb. 8, 2009

Nothing special? Other than when you fight Giygas, this is pretty much the most metal song in the series!

Charley said on Apr. 5, 2009

This reminds me of the intro/overworld music from the Ninja Turtles NES game.