Earthbound Super Nintendo SNES Cartridge Cart Game Earth Bound

January 21st, 2009 | Music Talk

Today’s song is Danger. This MOTHER 3 song plays in the last area of Chapter 1, though you can revisit it in later chapters if you want.

Anyway, more than anything, this song reminds me of those evil trees that trick you into thinking they’re inanimate trees but then come after you and fight you and then explode your face. Why do trees even explode? Especially the trees in all three MOTHER games? Crazy.

9 Comments to Music Talk: Danger

Jeeves said on Jan. 21, 2009

I daresay this is the rare Mother 3 song for which there’s just not a lot to say. I kind of like how in the JP version the sound player just lists it as “DANGER” in all caps. The game lists everything English in all caps though…why is that?

Poe said on Jan. 21, 2009

Isn’t this also played at the very end of chapter 8? The music really added to the atmosphere.

Mise said on Jan. 21, 2009

It has a very Majora’s Mask feel, towards the end where the moon is right about to strike. That peice that played during those final five minutes is one of the most depressing peices of music I’ve ever heard, though that may be partly due to the depressing situation in-game.

Heck, the same could even be said if it is played towards the end of Ch. 8 (I don’t recall). It’s one of those tunes that is able to ride the emotions of what the game is pulling for at the time, and succeding.

Aurilliux said on Jan. 21, 2009

Maybe Itoi is trying to show his dislike for trees. Or his like for trees, and is punishing you for destroying a perfectly good tree.

The E Blog Revolution said on Jan. 21, 2009

Relatively unknown Itoi story: In his protest-going youth, he regularly “bound” himself to trees with his classmates, protesting against rapid government-sponsored deforestation.

AbstractedThought said on Jan. 21, 2009

Some trees are just naturally explosive. You didn’t know that? Go outside and smack a few and watch the fireworks!

hollow leviathan said on Jan. 22, 2009

It may not be well known, but the cute lil’ UFOs and all their ilk came to Earth purely to issue all of the plant-life with napalm sap in an effort to even out the war between flora and fauna.

Aqy said on Jan. 22, 2009

Makes me think of starmen and other mechanical entities.

I love exploding trees.

Luna said on Jan. 23, 2009

This one reminds me a lot of Earthbound, for some reason. :T