In the Japanese version of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, you can play a 5-minute demo of MOTHER 2 (see video below). The various classic game demos are supposed to help promote the Virtual Console I guess, but what’s weird is that it’s been almost year since the game was released in Japan and MOTHER 2 still isn’t on the Japanese Virtual Console. I wonder why that is.
And of course, there was no EarthBound demo in the North American (or anywhere else-ian) version of Brawl. It was specifically left out. What for? What madness could be behind all this craziness? Is Nintendo planning to do something with the games soon? Or is it legal stuff? Or just crazy Nintendo being crazy?
Anyway, it doesn’t seem like THAT big of a deal, I mean look how far you can get in the five-minute demo. All the demos seem way too short to even have a point, but the MOTHER 2 demo is just evil. But it would’ve been nice to have at least, especially as a way for new players to discover the game.
Other Related Posts:
35 Comments to MOTHER 2 Demo + Virtual Console
Featured Item on eBay:
EarthBound (Super Nintendo Entertainment System, 1995) SNES - Authentic -
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues