Nintendo Jokes About MOTHER 3 Translation
I know this is old by now, but it’s something that deserves to be revisited, just in case anyone is still able to sleep at night.
Behold, the alagamation of a fast food peddler and a universal cosmic destroyer 😯
One of the things I really like about EarthBound is that it’s not entirely what it seems. At first, it seems like a lighthearted game – you’re just some boy who lives in a simple town, the graphics are almost kind of Charlie Brown-ish, and you fight hippies and slugs and stuff. You know, stuff normal kids fight 😛
But as you go along, it gets weirder and weirder, slowly but surely. By the end, everything’s freaky as hell. And that could be taken literally, even! Your souls have been ripped from your body, you’re stuck in a horrible place in the past, with practically no hope of ever returning, and then that’s when the crazy stuff starts happening.
I think the key is in the moods the game can create – if something’s weird, it’s genuinely weird and not just weird to be weird. Same with scary – things in this game are scary, but not cookie-cutter “boo” scary. And maybe not scary to the player right away, but if you imagine yourself in said situation, you’d actually be pissing your pants non-stop. And when there’s evil stuff, it’s not just “ooh, look at me, I killed lots of people, I’m evil!” You’re actually like, “Damn, that guy’s crazy evil.”
And when I see videos like the one above, I realize this all even more. The video’s so awesome because Giygas isn’t your regular boring villain. He’s seriously messed up. The video wouldn’t work at all with Kefka, or Sephiroth, or what have you. It’s crazy too, because you don’t even see or hear about Giygas throughout almost the entire game. But he’s so iconic and different. It’s impressive that Itoi, who isn’t really even a game designer, could come up with something like this.
And that’s why I still want a Giygas plushie that can talk.
Other Related Posts:
110 Comments to McDonalds + Giygas = OHH CRAP
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...