January 30th, 2009 | Let's Chat

Heya! There’s something I’ve always wondered. Is the lady in front of the hotel in Threed a zombie, or does she just work with the zombies? What happens to her after you save Threed?

14 Comments to Let’s Chat with Sentry Robot!

IWontGetOvertheDam said on Jan. 30, 2009

She works for Belch. You see her in Summers after Belch is gone. She claims not to remember anything, or something like that.

…I mean, *insert witty/silly/funny quip here*

Mato said on Jan. 30, 2009

In MOTHER 2, that lady’s original text translates more closely to something like, “Don’t talk to me, okay? Because I’m not thinking about anything at all.”

EarthBound’s translation tried to smooth that out a bit, but it also wound up giving the wrong impression that she’s had her mind wiped or something.

IWontGetOvertheDam said on Jan. 30, 2009

Nothin’ gets by Mato. But, I stand by my opinion.

Poe said on Jan. 30, 2009

She takes the zombie dogs for walks since the urban zombies are too retarded to remember things like that.

rayefrenzy said on Jan. 30, 2009

all i know is SHE SCARED THE CRAP OUTTA ME WHEN I WAS 10. Especially the music.

I guess thats why I’ve never gotten a prostitute. AND I OWE IT ALL TO ITOI!

Rufus said on Jan. 30, 2009

I gotta agree, Threed in general scared me when I first played this game as a kid, and I’ve always wondered where that lady went – if she was even a lady and not a robot or illusion.

I think… Threed, the Dept. store blackout, and Liar X.’s scene in the beginning of the game were the scariest for me.

I don’t think I flinched at all when I finally fought Giygas though. The battle music probably put me into one of those martial gamer trances.

Darien said on Jan. 31, 2009

I’m fair sure she’s a dolled-up zombie. If I recall, the Japanese text there mentions how pale she looks.

That part of the game never scared me so much as confused me; I couldn’t quite figure out what was going on the first time I played it. The Department Store definitely scared me, though. Not least because of those tewwible coffee cups.

TheFlint said on Jan. 31, 2009

I thought that she was Venus, because their resemblance, but probably they are complete different beings.

Nimbus said on Feb. 6, 2009

Maybe she’s Venus’s failed clone experiment. She lies when she says she’s not thinking anything at all – she’s in fact contemplating her existence. Deep stuff…

Rotting Purple Mango said on Feb. 14, 2009

She’s a ambushing woman who moves very fast.

Hunter Coates said on Feb. 18, 2009

She never appeared again after when Threed is saved.

Robert said on Feb. 27, 2009

I know what you say in the game! You say “Say the password. Say it in 10.. 9.. 8.. 7.. 6.. 5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1..” *battle starts*

Ector said on Jul. 3, 2009

The zombies erase her memory after using her to do their bidding.

Anonymous said on Dec. 15, 2010

@ rayefrenzy She scared you? I just got really attracted to her and followed her in. Worst. Mistake. Ever. ANYWAYS… I think she decided to go and lure someone else into a trap somewhere else using her sexiness.