January 21st, 2009 | Let's Chat

Remember me? My question is this. What does the blue-haired healer guy do with the mushrooms he buys from you? This topic is very important to me.

27 Comments to Let’s Chat with Putrid Moldyman!

satsy said on Jan. 21, 2009

First thing that comes to mind?

“Making mushroom brew, I am~”

Briianz said on Jan. 21, 2009

He probably eats or smokes them lol

Pango.PD said on Jan. 21, 2009

Well, he probably sells them to a certain restaurant near my house.

You see, I live in a town that REALLY looks like Summers, and there is this strange restaurant near my school. Most of the dishes that the restaurant serves have these big red mushrooms, and eating them makes me even dizier than usual.
Also, I heard someone died of heart attack while eating these mushrooms, but he was, like, 100 years old, so no worries.

Darien said on Jan. 21, 2009

I imagine he uses them to restock the ? boxes in Mario games.

vivi3000 said on Jan. 21, 2009

Reselling them to gullible folks for 100 dollars calling them miracle cures.

Ted Balls said on Jan. 21, 2009

He eats them. This is the only way he can survive, living in hospitals and buying mushrooms off people. He’s a mushroom man.

PSI Guy said on Jan. 21, 2009

Not trying to be funny, but I heard it’s meant to be a reference to drugs. This guy gets high on the shrooms, apparently, and gets away with it because he’s helping you out by doing so. Cheaper then buying it from punks, lol.

It’d also explain why Ness is so wacky when he has mushrooms on the head: it’s seeing the world through the eyes of a druggie.

Pimpshi said on Jan. 21, 2009

He hides them. Everywhere. Each one is hidden somewhere in a town, and finding one reveals an easter egg boss fight that Itoi hid in the game.

Start looking for them. Now.

Ted Balls said on Jan. 21, 2009

He’s actually a Government agent. His job is to check how various people react to the psychedelic drug, which the Govt. is planning to use for torture and interrogation. He can always pay you, remember? So it’s like a contract, and no one can sue when they find out. They consented, and took the payment…

Mise said on Jan. 21, 2009

He’s an Animal Crossing player who makes a killing with the conversion rate of $ to bell. He had the whole Mush set after one day!

EBM said on Jan. 21, 2009

After hearing the drug-addict theory, my mind was redirected to “What does that LITTLE GIRL want to do with those mushrooms?”
But I digress.
Snake-oil salesman is pretty good. I saw that there too.
I personally think that he throws them on a record-player and gives it to the hippie for his battle theme.

otherhand said on Jan. 21, 2009

Of course, he turns around and sells them to Everdred’s crew for more than $50. Those shrooms are high quality stuff, man!

BeezoWeldar said on Jan. 21, 2009

He enchants them so they walk, spread spores, and then takes them off of the people that they put their spores on for money.
Meh, it’s a living.

Aerostella said on Jan. 21, 2009

He goes all over the world to plant them. However, only one crop survives on Tanetane Island, where a young hero, a princess, a theif, and a dog encounter them. Hmm…

Jupiter-x said on Jan. 21, 2009

I don’t know about the shroom-man, but Putrid Moldyman was secretly the one behind Nintendo’s “this game stinks” ad campaign…

Jeeves said on Jan. 21, 2009

The man just likes mushrooms on his pizza, okay?!

Also I love that putrid moldyman sprite.

Smash Bass said on Jan. 21, 2009

He is actually a subordinate of Giygas, and uses the mushrooms on the hippies. That’s why the blue-faced hippies attack you. His job is making the hippies attack you.

Deiphobus said on Jan. 22, 2009

maybe he just wants to walk funny?

rayefrenzy said on Jan. 22, 2009

voodoo necklaces. :>

Poe said on Jan. 22, 2009

He sells them to tiny frogs. They need a place to sit!

hollow leviathan said on Jan. 22, 2009

When you mash up the mushrooms fed on brainmatter, you get the highest quality pillow down, absolutely perfect for generating only the smartest and possibly stolen dreams and ideas while at rest in bed.

His secret is much too dangerous to reveal to anyone, though, so he hides all his revelations to publish in a fiery flourish on his deathbed, leaving a wealth of life-easing advances for us, but taking his thinktank prowess with him beyond the grave.

Aqy said on Jan. 22, 2009

He has purple hair, c’mon, he’s trippin balls.

Wilhelmina said on Jan. 22, 2009

He uses them to reproduce ooooOOOOOooo

Leirin said on Jan. 22, 2009

@ satsy: Dang, nostalgia. :0

That’s a good question. Maybe he just studies them. You know. Maybe a certain kind can cure infections. Which is why he’s a Healer, he would care about that kind of stuff.

Gaia Dragon said on Jan. 22, 2009

He sells them to magic cake lady. Eventually he dumps them onto TaneTane island.

SoreThumb said on Jan. 22, 2009

The same way ALL Healers get their powers– through shamanistic voyages inspired by drugs and higher states of existence.

Which, of course, requires that mushroom on your head for $25.

Anonymous said on Dec. 15, 2010

He gave em to Nintendo to place on TaneTane Island later on in the years.