January 15th, 2009 | Let's Chat

Hi! It’s me, Mapson! Here’s my question for you. Who put the eraser statue in the Stonehenge base? Doesn’t that make it a pain for anyone to actually use the base?!

19 Comments to Let’s Chat with Mapson!

TheBatFax said on Jan. 15, 2009

They just had it laying around but couldn’t find any use for it, and Starman DX thought it looked gaudy and had it dumped by the door so the trash guy could pick it up on Wednesday.

Alxprit said on Jan. 15, 2009

Every member of Giygas’ army can just dig or float by those, but human can’t walk around or jump over them, which keeps humans from entering those kinds of areas without a Pencil Eraser or Eraser Eraser.

Aurilliux said on Jan. 15, 2009

Yeah… darn those teleporting Starmen who just port right past the darn things….

Pimpshi said on Jan. 15, 2009

The Starmen created the Eraser from a huge hunk of rock. They were going to make a wooden doll but thought that seemed absurd.

Master Chicken said on Jan. 15, 2009

The Starmen are smart enough to just walk around the statue. Or, they can just teleport around it.

ChickenHunter said on Jan. 15, 2009

Ha ha Use the base. No one uses a base, they only hide in them

kevinchai said on Jan. 15, 2009

The mooks are part of an eraser worshiping cult. They built it there, but then the starmen decided to put a tunnel there, but the mooks wouldn’t have it. So it stayed there. At least until Ness erased it.

satsy said on Jan. 15, 2009

Our puny erasers cannot stop the mighty Starman race! 😉 Why, their teleport can take them right past the blighters!

But oh, oh, we see this towering block of silver before us, and we see nothing but a monolith! We are enraptured by its’ form… until we realise we can’t get past the bloody things!

My opinion is that Pokey somehow had something to do with it. He might not have actually made the statues, but I don’t doubt he put the idea in the starmen’s heads.

Deiphobus said on Jan. 15, 2009

because they already have a pencil eraser

Simon Roberts said on Jan. 15, 2009

Why would they ever need to leave? They’ve got a 24/7 discotheque in there!

PSI Guy said on Jan. 16, 2009

It’s meant to be a surrealist piece of furniture. Alien taste is weird. As is the taste of an alien. (Think about it)

Mr. Jupiter said on Jan. 16, 2009

It was made for Starman Jr’s art class project, and his mom wanted everyone to see.

Ants said on Jan. 16, 2009

As you can see when you go in, the seem to have no problem voiping and zipping where ever they need.

Psychomax said on Jan. 16, 2009

The Starmen were becoming self-conscious, thinking they couldn’t be a competent alien army without a terrifying catch phrase. They wanted “DELETE,” but it was already taken by the Cybermen and Teru Mikami, so they chose the next best thing: “ERASE.” They were so proud of their new slogan they constructed a statue at the front of their base to commemorate it. (They can just teleport past it, so it’s no concern that it blocks the only entrance)

They were so excited to use it on the Chosen 4 they could hardly contain themselves. Unfortunately, because of their notoriously bad memory, the instant Ness erased the statue all the Starmen forgot they ever had a catch phrase.

XX Stone said on Jan. 16, 2009

Did you just come up with that right now, Psychomax? 😀

Psychomax said on Jan. 16, 2009

Not exactly; there are a lot of clues in the game pointing to this being Itoi’s intention.

Teal said on Jan. 22, 2009

Can’t Starmen teleport past the statue? I bet the statue was made by having a Senior Mook stare at an eraser with it’s eerie eyes.

Jeff in the AMD said on Apr. 29, 2009

They made an eraser REALLY big, and then somehow petrified it.

Anonymous said on Dec. 16, 2010

They have another entrance to the base at the eiffel tower. Sure as hell it’s a long walk but at least you don’t need to erase a giant erasor statue. Yea, after thinking this out I think just jumping over it or walking around it would be easier.