Earthbound (SNES)

January 24th, 2009 | Let's Chat

Hiya! It’s me, Lord Passion! I’ve been possessed by the blog developer to ask the following question! Why doesn’t Apple Kid’s mouse have a name? What would its name be if it did have a name?

23 Comments to Let’s Chat with Lord Passion!

Darien said on Jan. 24, 2009

It doesn’t have a name because Apple Kid’s been too busy working on zombie paper and trout yogurt dispensers to invent a name for it. But if it did, it would probably be called One Button.

Poe said on Jan. 24, 2009

I’d call him Apple Sauce. ♥

sticktendo said on Jan. 24, 2009

Apple Kid is too poor to afford a name for him. But I would name him Seed.

Deiphobus said on Jan. 24, 2009

i know: the mouse who is in apple kid’s house and blocks the way so you can’t get out until you have to talk to him which is really annoying because i don’t really like talking to people to make them get out of the way, i wish i had a mouse eraser or something, apple kid make me a mouse eraser so i can erase your mouse from ever blocking doorways again Omega

Dr Shlub said on Jan. 24, 2009

He has a name, he just doesn’t tell people,
It’s *shot*

waehofen said on Jan. 24, 2009

I have a theory.

It isn’t well known to some of us humans that the mouse society and the social hierarchy thereof works much differently than that of most human nations. A name, to them, is a privilege – if you have a certain rank in society then it is yours; if you’re strong enough, smart enough, or you have gotten some other way to rise to the upper levels as a member of society, only then will you be awarded with the high rank of a personal name for yourself. All mouse names are different, and they distinguish noticeably between one mouse and the next. The mouse who rents his house to Apple Kid, a filthy, stinking example of a filthy, stinking human, is putting himself even lower on the ladder by doing so. (The Exit Mice, by helping humans, are doing quite the same – none of the mice you meet during EarthBound are exactly high officials.) A true mouse is always trying to best the humans, to establish a system of his own independence and abilities such as running and stealing; a true mouse, worthy of a name of his own, dies in battle.

Anyway, he’s too ashamed to tell this to Apple Kid or the other humans, so we’re led to assume that it just doesn’t matter.

BeezoWeldar said on Jan. 24, 2009

Apple Kid hasn’t come up with an Automatic Name-Giver machine yet.
When he does, he’ll get a name, but Apple Kid’s pretty hungry.

satsy said on Jan. 24, 2009

The mouse doesn’t have a name, because Apple Kid hasn’t realised it’s moved in, yet. He’s got so much junk around the room, the little mouse would be able to easily conceal himself, should Apple Kid look up from his work.

If it had a name, I’d probably go with ‘pip’. ‘Pip’, ‘Pit’ or ‘Seed’. Something small that falls from an apple. 😉

Jeeves said on Jan. 24, 2009

What’s the name of Apple’s mouse? I suppose that would be Mighty Mouse.

somaticdefilement said on Jan. 24, 2009

It should be… uh… Lord Passion.
*Hides from Lord Passion lest he attacks me with passion.*

Pishi said on Jan. 25, 2009

Then again, do ANY mice in Earthbound have names? As far as I recall (and my memory isn’t THAT good), the mice in Earthbound either have generical names (‘Exit Mouse’) or none at all, except maybe for the Mother 3 mice from the family that gives you the Shield Snatcher (I’m sure at least the father had a name) – even though the children themselves have no names.

While I’m on the subject of Mother 3 – Locria’s mouse doesn’t have a name EITHER.

Teal said on Jan. 25, 2009

I’d like to see what comes up if I used the “Don’t Care” option in the naming screen for the mouse.

ropesnake said on Jan. 25, 2009

He has no name because he had to make a reference to a Japanese novel that would later fly miles over the heads of all Western fans of the game…right?

22hunter said on Jan. 25, 2009

I call him Sidrescof
No kidding

hollow leviathan said on Jan. 25, 2009

Humans do not really take anonymity seriously, but mice know it is a right and a privilege that is not worth a hundred names.

Mr. Jupiter said on Jan. 25, 2009

The name is obviously Sir Captian Official Jameson Ricardo Neville Jeremiah Waluigi Francine Antonio Orlando Suzuki Robert Richardson Sylvia Leviathan Nikolis Alexander Honda Civic.

Pokey said on Jan. 25, 2009

probably something to do with an apple.like “Cider”or something.*uses smoke bomb*

Leirin said on Jan. 27, 2009

His mouse’s name would be “Esuom”.

…Because Nintendo is original.

I'm Not On Magic Cake! said on Feb. 24, 2009

We humans do some horrible “stuff” over the course of our lives. The mouse is one of the only things that exisit (See Salsa’s for explination). Its auctualy a live broadcast from the underworld. It just so happens that its in the mind of the ultimate evil. Nothing must be more painful than having to listen to that fat creature apple kid. Except Pokey.

*Shuders*

kuma said on Feb. 28, 2009

maybe is is a mother 3 name like duster or something

Claus said on Mar. 15, 2009

Every MOTHER 3 character on this asks questons about EarthBound.

Anonymous said on Dec. 15, 2010

Reginald. Definatly. Don’t question. Just agree

StarFan said on Dec. 28, 2010

a ghost can’t be possessed, stupid mr passion.