January 11th, 2009 | Let's Chat

Hello there! My question is this. What the heck is Milky Well? Is it actual milk? If so, where does the milk come from?

14 Comments to Let’s Chat with Afro Duster!

satsy said on Jan. 11, 2009

*Laughs* I considered this when I was writing up Unusual Species. I was thinking of all different reasons the different Sanctuaries are the way they are.

Milky Well, I’d surmised, was a natural fountain, above chalk-land. Have you seen water from places like that? I used to live on chalk-lands, and you knew when there had been any roadworks, as the water suddenly came out near-white. If left to settle, it’d clear up again, but when there’s still chalk around, the water’s pretty much white.

It would also explain why the rock around Saturn valley is so pale as well. It’s not chalk, but I found the rocky outcrops tended to be paler than I’ve gotten used to up here, on… I’m not even sure what kind of rock I live on now. But it’s not chalk.

kevinchai said on Jan. 11, 2009

The milky well is made from God’s breastmilk.

PSI Guy said on Jan. 11, 2009

A giant mystical milk carton is said to reside in Eagleland. It’s famous for being drank by the giant of Giant Step and drowning the Lilliputians. Likewise Rainy Circle is a tap and Pink Cloud is cotton Candy. The whole game is a metaphor for a kitchen, y’know.

Ants said on Jan. 12, 2009

I always went on the thought that the milky well was a well of polluted water.

This is why you don’t drink from the sancutary’s

Rufus said on Jan. 12, 2009

I always thought it was a whale.

You know, because its spouting water from its… blowhole?

I think I must be a very imaginative person.

Alxprit said on Jan. 12, 2009

I, uhh, did always think it was real milk. I mean, crazier things have happened in the world of Earthbound. The milk might come from underground, like groundwater. Except, only in the magical land of sanctuaries the molecules are transformed into milk molecules.

Difegue said on Jan. 12, 2009

The milk is coming from heavens.
Yup, the quality of this milk is divinely G.O.O.D

Lampdevil said on Jan. 12, 2009

I’m with the whole “chalky water” theory. It’s minerals! Really! …minerals are good for you, right?

Leirin said on Jan. 12, 2009

The milk has poured down from the heavens, and thus there is an unlimited supply of it. But the Milky Well is the only place on Earth where it can be found.

DrGlove said on Jan. 13, 2009

I always thought it had something to do with the consistency and colour. But it’s probably a bunch of cows of something 😛

Geemer said on Jan. 15, 2009

It’s just a little spout connected to this.

Gaia Dragon said on Jan. 20, 2009

There are cows underground.

Hunter Coates said on Feb. 18, 2009

Paula: Ness, since this is your sanctuary, I blame YOU.
If a Mr. Saturn drinks the milk, it dies.

And yes, this is just the 3rd Kule Komas reference I did.

Anonymous said on Dec. 14, 2010

Carpainter sold a few blue cows to the Mr. Saturns and they put them underneath the ground while attaching machines to their udders.

Find Merchandise!