It’s no secret that Itoi checks out MOTHER fan sites once in a while, after all, there was this. But that was like 10 years ago. But actually, it sounds like he still does keep up with fan sites to this day.
For two weeks in November 2006, a MOTHER 3 “stamp rally” took place in Japan, at eight different Tsutaya shops. I’ll go into more detail about this another day, but you can see some stuff about it here for now. Basically, stamp rallies are a common thing in Japan, you go around to different locations and you get a different ink stamp at each place. This one was MOTHER 3-themed mostly.
Anyway, there was one special stamp (a stamp of of his dog) you could only get by seeing Itoi himself during a one-day event. At the event, he and Taeko Oonuki, the lady who did the singing for MOTHER 3+, talked about music and the album and stuff. Afterward, people who attended would get to shake Itoi’s hand and he’d also give them the special stamp.
Of course, Captain Apollo of MOTHER Party, kind of the Japanese equivalent of Starmen.Net, was there. Not only did he get to shake Itoi’s hand, but after he introduced himself to Itoi, Itoi responded with, “Wow, you’re Capt. Apollo from MOTHER Party?!” When Captain Apollo added something like, “It’d be great if we could work together on something sometime.” Itoi was very delighted.
So that’s pretty kickass. There’s no way Itoi can’t not know about Starmen.Net, but even now I still wonder how much time he spent with all the stuff he received from us during PK Siege Japan.
This leaves me with an interesting daydreamy question… If I ever met him and could ask him one thing, what would it be? I’m not really sure. I wonder what the most common question would be from other fans.
Other Related Posts:
19 Comments to Itoi Watches MOTHER Fan Sites
Leave a reply
- Gooptek: Holy crap yes Dreams become true
- Brandon: This looks better than the NES version in so many ways! They should try Earthbound using Mother 3′s graphics. It would be so cool....
- Mato: I think it’s 1+2 only, as it uses my translation tools to insert the text.
- NANASHI89: Will this be for the Famicom version, or for both 1 & 2 on the GBA?
- Tente: Mato, please, please, please, if you ever have any free time (I’m not sure if you really do, sorry…) could you do us a favor and...