Wario Ware DIY EarthBound Games
Just a few days ago we looked at Nintendo’s EarthBound advertising campaign, but EarthBound was of course talked about in non-Nintendo-run magazines too. Here’s EGM’s review of EarthBound, as one example.
For some reason, it reads like something a sixth grader might write for a class assignment. I’m not sure how well this did in helping sell the game, but it probably wasn’t a whole lot. An example:
The story line is definitely what makes this one a winner. The game wouldn’t be nearly as good without it.
The really interesting thing though is that appears this writer was playing an unfinished copy of the game. You can tell this because of Threed is called “Threek” in one of the map pics, and because the Runaway Five stage still says “TONZURA” on it. (refer to M2EB for explanations) Man, I would give a lot to have one of these pre-release copies. The EarthBound Player’s Guide is full of the same kind of stuff, so there were probably at least a few copies floating around back in 1995.
Also, the scan above isn’t the highest quality – if anybody can get a better scan, that would be awesome 😀 Anybody happen to have really old EGMs with EB stuff in it?
Other Related Posts:
40 Comments to EGM’s EarthBound Review
Featured Item on eBay:
Game ONLY for MOTHER 3 GBA micro System DELUXE BOX ( Earthbound ) JAPAN USED
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues