Return of the EB Zero Prototype
January 31st, 2009 | EarthBound
Just now, Giegue (the Starmen.Net visitor, not the evil alien) posted a TrueType font that looks exactly like the font in EarthBound. You can download it here and read his post here, where he explains stuff, including how to install the font if you don’t know how.
Here’s what it looks like. Pretty nice 😀
Now, you might be thinking to yourself, “I already have the EarthBound font on my computer! What’s the big deal?”
It’s a big deal because the old “Orange Kid font”, as it was called, was actually pretty inaccurate, especially when it came to the spacing between letters, so it often looked like barf whenever someone tried to use it. And oh god the number of flukes that used the old font just made them even worse 😛 It was almost like the Comic Sans of the EarthBound community. But now there’s a new, actually accurate EarthBound font you can use on your computer. Hurray! Thank you, Giegue!
Other Related Posts:
23 Comments to New EarthBound TrueType Font!
- Trevor: I remember the first time I fought the moles. I think I assumed that it was a bug and that some of them should have indeed been stronger
- Fred Bounder: Amazing! :O
- R Fisher: This makes so much sense! From both an in-game and out-of-game perspective, all five are equally matched, so winning 50% of the time is...
- Leeaux: Hahahaha. I wonder if that’s what he was going for?
- Wukey: Holy Crap! I’m so glad everyone likes this!