Pokey or Porky?
January 31st, 2009 | EarthBound
Just now, Giegue (the Starmen.Net visitor, not the evil alien) posted a TrueType font that looks exactly like the font in EarthBound. You can download it here and read his post here, where he explains stuff, including how to install the font if you don’t know how.
Here’s what it looks like. Pretty nice
Now, you might be thinking to yourself, “I already have the EarthBound font on my computer! What’s the big deal?”
It’s a big deal because the old “Orange Kid font”, as it was called, was actually pretty inaccurate, especially when it came to the spacing between letters, so it often looked like barf whenever someone tried to use it. And oh god the number of flukes that used the old font just made them even worse It was almost like the Comic Sans of the EarthBound community. But now there’s a new, actually accurate EarthBound font you can use on your computer. Hurray! Thank you, Giegue!
Other Related Posts:
23 Comments to New EarthBound TrueType Font!
- Neko Knight: @wvlfpvp I wasn’t criticizing your notes, I was criticizing your treatment of Nope. And yes, I know that it’s a username....
- JRokujuushi: Did three people seriously criticize his use of “it’s” when it was used correctly? If we substitute the words in...
- wvlfpvp: NekoKnight: It’s a username. Spelling is how you freaking want it to be. I replaced vowels with the consonant “v”...
- Anonymous: ^the final translation patch sounds fine, though. You always go on and on about how awkward it sounds, but it’s really not as bad...
- Mato: Like I’ve said many a time, I’ve never felt confident with my actual writing skills, and I had always sort of intended for there...