Shigesato Itoi Turns 61
January 31st, 2009 | EarthBound
Just now, Giegue (the Starmen.Net visitor, not the evil alien) posted a TrueType font that looks exactly like the font in EarthBound. You can download it here and read his post here, where he explains stuff, including how to install the font if you don’t know how.
Here’s what it looks like. Pretty nice
Now, you might be thinking to yourself, “I already have the EarthBound font on my computer! What’s the big deal?”
It’s a big deal because the old “Orange Kid font”, as it was called, was actually pretty inaccurate, especially when it came to the spacing between letters, so it often looked like barf whenever someone tried to use it. And oh god the number of flukes that used the old font just made them even worse It was almost like the Comic Sans of the EarthBound community. But now there’s a new, actually accurate EarthBound font you can use on your computer. Hurray! Thank you, Giegue!
Other Related Posts:
23 Comments to New EarthBound TrueType Font!
- neonix: It’s a Mr. Saturn enema bag…
- neonix: I think it only makes sense for Magicant to also be in the Wii U version. They said that exclusive stages for each game would be ones based...
- AConcernedGamer: Keep in mind that a Masterpiece does not necessarily need to begin at the time that the guest console is booting up. Super Smash...
- MysterySprite22: This is weird, but not as weird as the belly warmers. xD
- Toby: I doubt you could get to Jr./Son of Starman, as you would need to have everything memorized to come even close. Besides you also have that...