MOTHER 1+2 GSF Music Download
The other day, Dan Bruno, professional music QA guy extraordinaire, decided to take a closer look at MOTHER 3′s battle music combo system.
Personally, I’m as musically inclined as a rock tied to a stick, and I suck horribly at the game’s combo system despite translating and hacking the game until I was blue in the face. But reading his descriptions and staring really hard at the sheet music, I think I might be able to do better sometime now. So give it a look!
Incidentally, one thing I’ve wanted to do for a while now is make a Flash app for this site and/or the online M3 walkthrough that would let you accurately practice the music combo system, and it would also include graphical indicators to help you master each song. The problem with that is 1. I don’t have the time, 2. I don’t know music, 3. I don’t know how to make Flash apps. But I really like the idea, and I know where in the ROM the combo system data is, so someday I’d like to try anyway, if at least for my own benefit only
Also, as a side note, there is one MOTHER 3 strategy guide that lists all the battle music and tries to use charts to show you when you need to press the button. Actually, there might be two guides that do that. If that sounds cool to you, then you should check out the strategy guides page I put up the other day!
Other Related Posts:
40 Comments to Analyzing MOTHER 3′s Battle Music
- vince94: I bet the translators and localizers didn’t know about/hadn’t played EB0. That’s understandable, as I remember from an...
- ninten: The white people of the translation foreigner I’m sorry. I’m Japanese. And will not be pardon. I be waiting.
- ChozoBoy: Does anybody have an image of the colored Mr. Saturn by Itoi?
- MagicCakeRyuka: If the Mother series was released in 2015 then it would make fans thrilled and my hopes for ness and lucas in the new ssb game.
- Anonymous: I wish Mother 2 was out already on the 3ds >.<