MOTHER Strategy Guide Scanned
The other day, Dan Bruno, professional music QA guy extraordinaire, decided to take a closer look at MOTHER 3’s battle music combo system.
Personally, I’m as musically inclined as a rock tied to a stick, and I suck horribly at the game’s combo system despite translating and hacking the game until I was blue in the face. But reading his descriptions and staring really hard at the sheet music, I think I might be able to do better sometime now. So give it a look!
Incidentally, one thing I’ve wanted to do for a while now is make a Flash app for this site and/or the online M3 walkthrough that would let you accurately practice the music combo system, and it would also include graphical indicators to help you master each song. The problem with that is 1. I don’t have the time, 2. I don’t know music, 3. I don’t know how to make Flash apps. But I really like the idea, and I know where in the ROM the combo system data is, so someday I’d like to try anyway, if at least for my own benefit only
Also, as a side note, there is one MOTHER 3 strategy guide that lists all the battle music and tries to use charts to show you when you need to press the button. Actually, there might be two guides that do that. If that sounds cool to you, then you should check out the strategy guides page I put up the other day!
Other Related Posts:
40 Comments to Analyzing MOTHER 3’s Battle Music
- Blue-streaker: What about the mother 3 legends of localization? Is it getting a book too?
- itoi: In some case of coincidence I heard rumours MOTHER 4 will be on Nintendo eShop(3DS or Wii u)?
- UbaNess: Congratulations on the Kickstarter success! Proud to be a backer and can’t wait for the goodies
- AdmiralCrunch: This was the the last straw that overwhelmed my common sense and forced me to throw in for the whole goodie set. Really excited even...
- Anonymous: i dont know if anyone has seen this but the Porky trophy may be hinting to a mother 4 and 5! I could be wrong of course....