Orange Kid’s Invention Becomes Real!
Back when EarthBound was released on the Super NES, the game came with a big ol’ strategy guide for free. Inside the guide were some smelly scratch-n-sniff cards, and with one card, you had to identify the smell and send your answer in to Nintendo. Supposedly, if you got the answer right, you would get something.
Apparently, the secret smell was “pizza”, though it always smelled like burnt rubber to me. Also, because of poor sales, I believe they gave the prize to everyone who submitted an answer, not just those who got it correct.
The prize, of course, was a Mach Pizza air freshener. Not many were made, and not many people submitted answers, so there aren’t too many of these out there nowadays. Until recently, nobody made a big deal out of them, but they’ve suddenly gone up in price like crazy on auction sites. Here’s one such example.
Just earlier this year, reid gave one of these out as a contest prize at Starmen.Net. I don’t think anyone expected these things to jump in price THIS much though. But I guess they’re pretty limited in number these days, so who knows.
Whatever the case, if you manage to get your hands on one of these, hold on to it! It’ll probably be worth a bit more over time. That’s when you sell. Kind of like with EarthBound carts. Man, has EarthBound merchandise turned into the stock market or what?
Other Related Posts:
17 Comments to Mach Pizza Air Freshener
- Spark: When I’ll learn in 100% assembly language you have no permission to play EarthBound GBA Remake.Only I’ll give permission to...
- Kevin Claus: Hah nice! I got a mention on the show! The story is more or less true. I wanted to attend the entire weekend, then I was asked to be a...
- New Pork City in Angry Birds 2: I got Angry Birds 2, and New Pork City makes a special appearance as a level pack!
- DalisClock: Finally, my time in an orchestra comes to use, when I can finally learn Italian, as my conductor once said, “every single thing...
- StarmanAlex: @WorldBound Ah, you’ve finally made it.