Itoi, Iwata, and Old MOTHER 3
Many things I should mention before I forget them.
- MOTHER 3 Notes – I’ve been working on these on and off, but currently I’m very sick of the game so I’m going to let it sit for a while. I think next thing I add will be about character names.
- The EarthBound Zero Remake Hack is still on hold, even though MOTHER 3 is done technically. Details about this here. The biggest problem (and the reason why I stopped, as you might recall) is that the existing map editors are very buggy and will screw up the game horribly. Also, the game’s map system is very inflexible and it’ll be a major pain to create good EB0-ish maps with it. Maps are the one reason I envy people doing RPG Maker EB0 remakes. They got that easy 😛 The map problem is so big that every so often I consider just creating my own remake not as a hack, but as a regular computer program from scratch. I don’t think I have enough time and energy to do much of anything, hack or otherwise, for a while though.
- I’ve also been fixing bugs and typos in the MOTHER 3 translation. An improved patch probably won’t be released for a few months. I’ve also been helping others translate the game into other languages. It’s neat seeing this happen. I learned so much from the MOTHER 3 project. But when I look back at it now (and especially the blog), I can’t help but think, “WTF that was so much work, what were you thinking???”
Other Related Posts:
4 Comments to Misc. Project Round-up
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...
- Nessential: The stock is still pending listing, but you can find it on Bloomberg here: https://www.bloomberg.com/quot e/3560:JP I might buy some of...