November 11th, 2008 | Hacking, MOTHER 1

A few days ago I made a patch for EarthBound Zero that makes the game easier by doubling the EXP and money you get from enemies. People tried it out and reported no problems, and that it made the game a breeze. Some people even reported that it was TOO easy.

In any case, if you’re one of the many who can’t stand to play the game because of all the grinding, this patch is for you!

Download it here, and instructions on how to use it are here if you’re not sure how to use ROM patches.

POLL: What is your opinion of MOTHER 1 / EarthBound Zero?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

43 Comments to EarthBound Zero Easy Patch

It's a bit hard, but not impossible said on Feb. 19, 2009

EB0 by itself is pretty easy, once you figure out some statistics.

Like for example, you want to get past the Graveyard part near the beginning of the game. You would save at the blue man’s house and just get as far in to the graveyard as you can, fight every encounter, and you’ll gain exp. If you die you will return to the blue man’s house, with the same exp! You can use this to keep going through the graveyard until you finally save that girl.

Heero0m said on Feb. 19, 2009

When I first played EB0, it was a nice difficulty curve until the desert.. then I was getting killed by everything there, though the swamp allowed me to catch back up. Though I lost my save of right before the final boss… and never could get myself to play again before this patch. So thank you for releasing this and thus letting me finally finish this game.

Aidan said on Feb. 21, 2009

Aidan doesen’t have it yet!

JeebusMcChrist said on Feb. 25, 2009

Thank god.

Happy Happiest said on Mar. 22, 2009

I grinded a lot when I played this game lol.

Lindblum said on Apr. 4, 2009

I stopped playing this game because I was sick of how slow the battles ,ade it. Even after hacking my stats it was too annoying, not to mention the insane encounter rate.

Hi there said on Apr. 10, 2009

Wow, the grind isn’t that hard in the regular version, I’m not half past the game, and Ninten and Loid are close to the 30′s.

spoildaj said on Apr. 19, 2009

Oh thank sweet merciful Mato!
Ever since Ninten couldn’t make it past Wally I stopped playing the game…
Now I think I will again. :3

someone not important said on Apr. 28, 2009

I thought the game was already kinda easy…save for a few parts when I hadn’t leveled up enough, I got through the game quickly without a patch. I did notice level-grinding was slow, but it worked out OK in the end. As long as you understand how the game works and are willing to spend some (but not too much) time level-grinding, you don’t really need the patch.

PK Scatman said on Apr. 29, 2009

note:the easy pacht wont save on me

PuffyTopianMan said on May. 23, 2009

Does this patch work with MOTHER 1+2?

Blue Lightning said on Jun. 3, 2009

I beat the game with the easy patch. It was the right difficulty. Now I want to play a version where the EXP and money is TRIPLED.

UltiMario1337 said on Jun. 19, 2009

Honestly, I thought there really wasn’t much grinding in the first place. I don’t need this.

PsionicNinja said on Jun. 30, 2009

The game itself isn’t hard. It’s just the encounter rate that annoys me.

FamiconMaster said on Jul. 19, 2009

my emulator wont save my solution was to play MOTHER1+2, the sound is a little crappy but the controls are the best! you wont walk tiles you walk freely much better at this point

Ness-Ninten-Lucas said on Aug. 7, 2009

This patch makes the game way too easy. The game was already easy enough. Eh, oh well the patch is still good, but makes it too easy. (I’d like to try a hard version!)

Drowzee64 said on Aug. 13, 2009

Thanks! The original Mother is so… Nintendo hard!

yetikirby said on Aug. 19, 2009

looks cool!:D

Otter said on Aug. 19, 2009

I feel somewhat guilty for using the easy patch. I mean it’s still the same game. Maybe I’ll try without it, first. In any case, thank you!

Mother rpg said on Sep. 12, 2009

all hail mato

Dan CiTI said on Sep. 19, 2009

The pacing and difficulty is bad, it should be easier but still feels satisfying and challenging overall.

PKmartin13 said on Oct. 20, 2009

it definetly doesn’t make the game easy just easier

Axl-fox said on Oct. 30, 2009

the only thing I would like to see is a hack that lowers the enemy encounter rate

EB4thew1n10 said on Nov. 1, 2009

Help I cant patch it anyone?

Ninten said on Jan. 1, 2010

THIS GAME IS WAY TOO BEEPING HARD!!!! I can’t even get to the graveyard!

Wafffo said on Jan. 31, 2010

the patch is saved as an adobe thingy on Wafffo’s bad computer
can anyone help Wafffo?

Andy said on Apr. 14, 2010

Does anyone know if this patch will trigger the anti piracy measures on the original prototype ROM dump? The one without the zero in the title.

Mr. Saturn said on Apr. 17, 2010

I couldn’t think of anywhere else suitable to put this, so…
THERE IS A GRAPHICAL GLITCH IN MOTHER AND EB ZERO!
Here’s a picture: http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/5400/graphicalglitchc.jpg

Poe said on Apr. 17, 2010

Those kinds of glitches are common in older games.

Ness said on May. 13, 2010

haha… i think it glitched in somewhat when i put it in… cuz i run faster sideways tan upways now XD

mook said on May. 24, 2010

ToO EaSY

Nyarly said on Sep. 18, 2010

It sure makes grinding less time-consuming. Thanks for that!

ANONUSER said on Sep. 28, 2010

I say add rolling HP from M2. That’ll lower the difficulty by alot!

Josh said on Dec. 30, 2010

I find this game fun and challenging, I didn’t download this because I fear that it might break the game like how PK Ground broke Mother 3 by making the last few boss battles entirly to easy….am I the only person who thinks this?

Thiago said on Jan. 11, 2011

Hmmm is there a game rom + patch, or an actual version in English to be found anywhere?

If on stores and such, keep in mind I’m from Brazil, so access might not be so easy…

Thanks!

raymaster 32 said on Mar. 26, 2011

playin through it now. to easy, but i would like a medium patch or somethin. im not playin it right now cuz the mother 1+2 patch is almost done. but u should make a harder version of earthbound, thats easier than eb0 on easy

BigDream said on Aug. 21, 2011

I still like it no matter how hard/ easy it is!
But for some weird reson, I just get bored in one nano second…

SpiritGamingX said on Dec. 21, 2011

It definitely made the game easier. And I would only recommend this for the soul purpose of playing the game for you’re first time, or if you don’t like level grinding. Any other use of it besides that is pretty much purposeless.

PsiReaper said on Mar. 10, 2012

Is this for the Nes Rom or for Mother 1+2?

Mato said on Mar. 10, 2012

It’s for the NES ROM.

Rodent said on Apr. 15, 2012

The easy patch works fine… when Ninten is alone. For some reason the patch stops working for me whenever someone joins the party. This includes Pippi, however, once she leaves the party, the patch works fine once again. Does anyone know what might be the problem?

Mato said on Apr. 15, 2012

It *should* work as I’m fairly certain permanently alters the experience stats of the enemies in the games. Experience gets divided equally among party members though, so that might be what you’re seeing.

Rodent said on Apr. 15, 2012

Oh. I guess I didn’t just see that before. Thank you for the response, Mato.