Music Album: EarthBound ep.
Saw this on the forums, buried in an art topic. I can’t believe how well-done these mockups are. The attention to insane detail rivals my own, which is why at first I was stunned for half a second while I tried to figure out how they stole all our hack code to even get the fonts and positions just right 😛 Seriously, even the part where a manual line break had to be put before Ninten’s name in the cactus screen would’ve been necessary if this was really real. Incredible.
Anyway, these are just mock pictures, showing how EarthBound Zero might look like if recreated using MOTHER 3-style stuff.
Simply amazing 😯
Sadly, the MOTHER 3 ROM is way way unsuited for major hacks of this level. EarthBound is actually nice and flexible (albeit programmed strangely), but MOTHER 3, without a doubt, would be much much harder to hack to make new things. I really hope maybe someday Itoi or someone will see these and be like “whoaaaa” and then actually make this happen. Damn that would be awesome.
I think the closest this could ever come to reality (besides Nintendo actually making it) would be something like an RPG Maker version, and there’s already a good EB0 RPG Maker remake in the works. Though a version that looked like these pics would be a 100% incredible awesome thing to have.
Other Related Posts:
42 Comments to Mock MOTHER 1 in MOTHER 3 Form
- KingOfSwords: The Memories civer looks beautiful ;.;
- BoaTransistor: I got the Memories cover this year. In my factual opinion, it is the best-looking EarthBound cover they’ve released yet.
- Globulous: I picked up the Memories cover and planner while I was in Japan, it should be interesting to note that the pocket on the back of the...
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?