Mr. Saturn Font in the Wild
Saw this on the forums, buried in an art topic. I can’t believe how well-done these mockups are. The attention to insane detail rivals my own, which is why at first I was stunned for half a second while I tried to figure out how they stole all our hack code to even get the fonts and positions just right 😛 Seriously, even the part where a manual line break had to be put before Ninten’s name in the cactus screen would’ve been necessary if this was really real. Incredible.
Anyway, these are just mock pictures, showing how EarthBound Zero might look like if recreated using MOTHER 3-style stuff.
Simply amazing 😯
Sadly, the MOTHER 3 ROM is way way unsuited for major hacks of this level. EarthBound is actually nice and flexible (albeit programmed strangely), but MOTHER 3, without a doubt, would be much much harder to hack to make new things. I really hope maybe someday Itoi or someone will see these and be like “whoaaaa” and then actually make this happen. Damn that would be awesome.
I think the closest this could ever come to reality (besides Nintendo actually making it) would be something like an RPG Maker version, and there’s already a good EB0 RPG Maker remake in the works. Though a version that looked like these pics would be a 100% incredible awesome thing to have.
Other Related Posts:
42 Comments to Mock MOTHER 1 in MOTHER 3 Form
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues