My Crazy EarthBound Cart, Part 2!
Saw this on the forums, buried in an art topic. I can’t believe how well-done these mockups are. The attention to insane detail rivals my own, which is why at first I was stunned for half a second while I tried to figure out how they stole all our hack code to even get the fonts and positions just right 😛 Seriously, even the part where a manual line break had to be put before Ninten’s name in the cactus screen would’ve been necessary if this was really real. Incredible.
Anyway, these are just mock pictures, showing how EarthBound Zero might look like if recreated using MOTHER 3-style stuff.
Simply amazing 😯
Sadly, the MOTHER 3 ROM is way way unsuited for major hacks of this level. EarthBound is actually nice and flexible (albeit programmed strangely), but MOTHER 3, without a doubt, would be much much harder to hack to make new things. I really hope maybe someday Itoi or someone will see these and be like “whoaaaa” and then actually make this happen. Damn that would be awesome.
I think the closest this could ever come to reality (besides Nintendo actually making it) would be something like an RPG Maker version, and there’s already a good EB0 RPG Maker remake in the works. Though a version that looked like these pics would be a 100% incredible awesome thing to have.
Other Related Posts:
42 Comments to Mock MOTHER 1 in MOTHER 3 Form
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...