Ninten Solo Ending
The topic’s come up a few times recently, so I figure I’ll translate this one snippet of an Itoi interview, which can be seen here. Note that this is also the same interview where he talks about the inspiration for Giygas.
In any case, here’s the tiny excerpt. I’ll translate the entireeeeeee thing someday. A few parts are already available on my blog, though.
Itoi: Well, for example, there’s a gay person in MOTHER 2. A really passionate friend who lives in an England-like place. I designed him to be a gay child. In a normal, real-life society, there are gay children, and I have many gay friends as well. So I thought it would be nice to add one in the game, too.
Also, the Mr. Saturns are symbols of innocence. In any normal society, there are those who don’t really fit in well with ordinary people, but actually have skills that surpass those of ordinary people. I personally love that sort of “power of innocence” in things. It’s a part of “Passionate Penguin Rice”, even. (note: that’s a book Itoi wrote around 1990) Oh, and things like Forrest Gump have it, too. I wanted people to love innocent characters like that too, which is why I added them into the game. They weren’t called Mr. Saturn at first, but they gained that name during development.
So there you go. Someday I’ll have the whole huge thing translated, but at least for now there’ll be this page to refer to whenever these questions come up!
Other Related Posts:
67 Comments to Yes, Tony is Gay. And Mr. Saturn is Innocent
Featured Item on eBay:
Earthbound Super Nintendo SNES Game Cartridge & Player's Strategy Guide
- Mato: They’re scheduled to be released in the latter half of August, so nothing new to report yet.
- Spark: This has skeleton it will be harmfull for EarthBound NX.
- DarkPaladin156: @Yellowyoshi398 There was a chance for the Flying Man to be more in the Magicant stage, but for a reason he was made into his...
- YellowYoshi398: Mato, you made a post on this site earlier pointing out that a 3D model for Flying Man on the Magicant stage was seen in a...
- Dengar: Any updates on this?