MOTHER 3 in LEGO Form
June 2nd, 2008 | Itoi
I saw this in one of Itoi’s recent entries and thought it was interesting. By itself, it’s nothing special, but if you apply it to the gaming industry, and especially Nintendo’s somewhat recent stance of only focusing on the really big titles and over-relying on its main brands, it becomes even more interesting. If only someone like him were pulling the strings at Nintendo, I’m sure we’d have more EB/Mother love here 😛
…The same holds true in the workplace. “Profit” is important, but if you truly make that your #1 priority, you’ll wind up sacrificing all sorts of other important things. That’s why, “We’re here to profit off of you!” isn’t mentioned in corporate mottos or anything like that.
Even so, in the real world, when you include shareholders and other such people, the idea that “profit” *must* be the #1 priority above all else is very strong. But that could be asking for nothing but trouble. Making it the #1 priority above all else is a bad idea, I’m almost certain of it. Your stock might go up temporarily, but I think you’ll wind up losing many other things in the process. Really. This is likely the case for anything, actually.
He sounds like the anti-Nintendo every time I read it, heh.
Other Related Posts:
1 Comment to Itoi’s Thoughts (June 2, 2008)
- Leeaux: This is cool. Man it must have taken forever for him to do all these though. Geez! Bless you Tomato! This is all I have while I wait on...
- KingOfSwords: The Memories civer looks beautiful ;.;
- BoaTransistor: I got the Memories cover this year. In my factual opinion, it is the best-looking EarthBound cover they’ve released yet.
- Globulous: I picked up the Memories cover and planner while I was in Japan, it should be interesting to note that the pocket on the back of the...
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...