Shigesato Itoi’s Anti-War Ad
Popular Posts:None found
June 2nd, 2008 | Itoi
I saw this in one of Itoi’s recent entries and thought it was interesting. By itself, it’s nothing special, but if you apply it to the gaming industry, and especially Nintendo’s somewhat recent stance of only focusing on the really big titles and over-relying on its main brands, it becomes even more interesting. If only someone like him were pulling the strings at Nintendo, I’m sure we’d have more EB/Mother love here 😛
…The same holds true in the workplace. “Profit” is important, but if you truly make that your #1 priority, you’ll wind up sacrificing all sorts of other important things. That’s why, “We’re here to profit off of you!” isn’t mentioned in corporate mottos or anything like that.
Even so, in the real world, when you include shareholders and other such people, the idea that “profit” *must* be the #1 priority above all else is very strong. But that could be asking for nothing but trouble. Making it the #1 priority above all else is a bad idea, I’m almost certain of it. Your stock might go up temporarily, but I think you’ll wind up losing many other things in the process. Really. This is likely the case for anything, actually.
He sounds like the anti-Nintendo every time I read it, heh.
Other Related Posts:
1 Comment to Itoi’s Thoughts (June 2, 2008)
Featured Item on eBay:
***EARTHBOUND SNES SUPER NINTENDO GAME COSMETIC WEAR~~~
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.