What to Play After Finishing the MOTHER Series?
A lot (probably most) people aren’t aware of this, but MOTHER/MOTHER 2 composer Keiichi Suzuki had a song in 1991 called “Words, Colors, Noise, and Booms”… and Dalaam’s music comes from this song. For a long time I’ve searched for this song, and thanks to some cool people, now have a high-quality MP3 of it 😀
Man, I really love Suzuki’s style of music. Especially all the weird sounds and little things he adds in all his music. I really need to listen to more of his stuff and his Moonriders stuff. What little I’ve heard really sounds like my type of music. I think his style really helps make EarthBound’s music stand out and seem more trippy, while Hirokazu Tanaka’s simple yet sometimes complex melodies make things even more kickass and memorable. Shogo Sakai did good work on MOTHER 3, but the music there seemed too “standard” somehow. I like my music weird, which is why I really like the song above 😉
Other Related Posts:
18 Comments to The Origin of Dalaam’s Music!
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!
- Sato: @Apple Kid It’s probably a UK SNES, which has the same design as the Super Famicom. There’s the possibility that this is a...
- EileenThePizzaQueen: @adex As a (mediocre) feminist I want so badly to be able to defend you here. I absolutely get why you’d be...
- StarmanAlex: JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY
- adex: “Mother2fan” is just some perverted eurocreep who thinks females should be subjected to the naked male form whenever the...