Miyamoto’s Thoughts on MOTHER 2
A lot (probably most) people aren’t aware of this, but MOTHER/MOTHER 2 composer Keiichi Suzuki had a song in 1991 called “Words, Colors, Noise, and Booms”… and Dalaam’s music comes from this song. For a long time I’ve searched for this song, and thanks to some cool people, now have a high-quality MP3 of it 😀
Man, I really love Suzuki’s style of music. Especially all the weird sounds and little things he adds in all his music. I really need to listen to more of his stuff and his Moonriders stuff. What little I’ve heard really sounds like my type of music. I think his style really helps make EarthBound’s music stand out and seem more trippy, while Hirokazu Tanaka’s simple yet sometimes complex melodies make things even more kickass and memorable. Shogo Sakai did good work on MOTHER 3, but the music there seemed too “standard” somehow. I like my music weird, which is why I really like the song above 😉
Other Related Posts:
18 Comments to The Origin of Dalaam’s Music!
- Mike: Also, I have to post once more to say: The cover texture effect is incredible and so Earthboundy. So many details like that make this utterly...
- Mike: I just received my copy this week, and it is amazing. The fact that you didn’t just throw a bunch of Earthbound localization facts, but...
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!