Mini-Update Megathon #9
A lot (probably most) people aren’t aware of this, but MOTHER/MOTHER 2 composer Keiichi Suzuki had a song in 1991 called “Words, Colors, Noise, and Booms”… and Dalaam’s music comes from this song. For a long time I’ve searched for this song, and thanks to some cool people, now have a high-quality MP3 of it 😀
Man, I really love Suzuki’s style of music. Especially all the weird sounds and little things he adds in all his music. I really need to listen to more of his stuff and his Moonriders stuff. What little I’ve heard really sounds like my type of music. I think his style really helps make EarthBound’s music stand out and seem more trippy, while Hirokazu Tanaka’s simple yet sometimes complex melodies make things even more kickass and memorable. Shogo Sakai did good work on MOTHER 3, but the music there seemed too “standard” somehow. I like my music weird, which is why I really like the song above 😉
Other Related Posts:
18 Comments to The Origin of Dalaam’s Music!
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...
- Nessential: The stock is still pending listing, but you can find it on Bloomberg here: https://www.bloomberg.com/quot e/3560:JP I might buy some of...