February 16th, 2008 | EarthBound, Misc., MOTHER 3

On Emu-France there’s an update about the MOTHER 3 Translation, here’s the original text.

Mother 3, RPG made in HALKEN/HAL Laboratory/Nintendo, initialement prévu pour le DD64, a été accouché dans la douleur sur GameBoy Advance.

Grâce à la magie de Ronald Mc Donald et des fans de Deer Hunter, Mother 2/EarthBound ne trouva pas son public.
Mother 3 resta donc sur le territoire nippon, condamnant les adaptes de la saga à regarder leurs héros évolués dans la saga Smash Bros en se lamentant de malheur.

C’était sans compter sur la communauté de fans autour de ce titre, qui ont entrepris de traduire ce titre.
Projet lancé depuis un temps certain, la sortie de Super Smash Brawl redonne un second souffle d’énergie au projet qui avance petit à petit.

En savoir plus?

Un patch préliminaire ne traduisant que les menus est également disponible pour les plus hardis et pressés sur le site officiel.
Site officiel

Date de sortie: quand ça sera prêt.

My French is non-existent (though I can still make out a good deal of it), so off to Google Translate we go!

Mother 3, RPG made in HALKEN / HAL Laboratory / Nintendo, originally scheduled for DD64, was delivered in pain on Game Boy Advance.

Thanks to the magic of Ronald McDonald and fans Deer Hunter, Mother 2/EarthBound did not find its audience.
Mother 3 therefore remained on Japanese territory, condemning the saga adapted to watch their heroes in the saga advanced Smash Bros. in lamenting of doom.

It was not counting on the community of fans around this title, which had undertaken to bring this title.
Project launched for a certain time, the release of Super Smash Brawl gives a second wind energy project to advance step by step.

About?

A patch preliminary reflecting not only the menus is also available for the more daring, and pressed on the official website.
Official Website

Release date: when it is ready.

Wait, wait. Let’s look at that again.

That is THE awesomest reason I’ve ever heard 😀

31 Comments to Darn You, Ronald!

IWontGetOvertheDam said on Jan. 11, 2009

Tomato=Ronald McDonald

Leirin said on Jan. 16, 2009

IWGOTD, you never know.

*Cough* Anyway, that line is PERFECT. My gosh, that’s signature-worthy… somewhere. 😛 Hmm, that’s interesting…

Q said on Jan. 19, 2009

That… doesn’t seem to be a mistranslation, actually.

What.

Difegue said on Jan. 25, 2009

“Mother 3, an RPG made by HALKEN/HAL Laboratory/Nintendo, initially made for the DD64, was painfully released on GameBoy Advance.

Thanks to the Ronald Mc Donald magic and the Deer Hunter fans, Mother 2/EarthBound don’t had this much success.

Mother 3 stayed then on the japanese territory, condemning the fans to see their heroes eveolving in the Smash Bros. series.

But, it wasn’t counting the fan community, who decided to translate this title.

Project launched since a bit, the release of SSBB gives a new brezze to this porject advancing slowly but surely.

Wanna know more?

A preliminary patch traducing the menus is available for the die-hard fans on the official site.

Release date: When it will be ready.”

Retranslation by Frenchie. Yeah I’m late, and the Google translation wasn’t this bad this time.

IWontGetOvertheDam said on Jan. 30, 2009

Ran ran ruu!

HossTehMaster said on Feb. 10, 2009

Ever since that weird JP MC showed up a year ago weird shit has been happening….so thats whos been all those burgers in the trash….

eb0ebm3 said on Feb. 20, 2009

Ronald perhaps teaming with Giygas?

Hejiru said on Mar. 2, 2009

This combined with that other video (see link at bottom) proves Ronald McDonald is one of Giygas’ goons.

DiamondizedLucas said on May. 11, 2009

“And Fans Deer Hunter”…

What’s that supposed to mean, anyway?

Artillery said on May. 26, 2009

Oh, they must mean this.

I… Feel… h…a…p…p…y… m…e…a…l…s…

Not Giygas said on Jun. 10, 2009

Google Translate cannot grasp the form of Ronald McGiygas’ Attack!

Timman97 said on Jun. 16, 2009

what!!!!!!!!!!
McDonald’s is the worst fast food chain in the unverse
Pizza Hut actually did all the work for earthbound and McDonald’s took all the created

EmeraldWind said on Jun. 23, 2009

So Ronald McDonald’s magic was the reason Earthbound intially flopped…

Whoaaaaa… that’s um… what?

Mr. Jupiter said on Jun. 26, 2009

Bum bum bum bum bum, I’m not lovin’ it.

Dark-Karito said on Jul. 3, 2009

Thanks to Ronald McDonald´s Magic!!???
I feel like I missed some joke or something…. What does it mean?

captain potato said on Jul. 3, 2009

RONALD MCDONALD? while we are at it lets blame the burger king for makinng the sonic games not gaining popularity.

PKSTARMAN said on Jul. 29, 2009

Its not… Damn you, Ronald! title? LOL.

anonymous said on Nov. 4, 2009

F*** you, Ronald!! You just blamed Reggie for all your dirty work!!

team dragonite said on Jan. 5, 2010

LMMFAO thats goto be the best one yet! now fight ronald mc.giygas whilelistening to the place where evil sleeps remix on youtube.
seriously give that a listen. tomato if you see this, that song is earthbound related so give it a looksee!
…..I…F.E.E.L H…A…P..P..Y…M..E..A..L..S
….NESS….NESS…..IM LOVIN IT

Omnomnominous said on Apr. 26, 2010

Ronald McDonald?

…Excusez-moi?

Anonymous said on Jul. 25, 2010

Sorry, but what is Deer Hunter? I undertand the Ronald McDonald part, but I still cannot understand the Deer Hunter part.

Sorry if I misspelled something, I’m still learning to speak English.

BLiZIHGUH said on Nov. 9, 2010

One mistake (undertand) and you got it right when you used the word again. Pretty good for somebody who’s still learning. Hell, that’s better than most native English speakers (in America mostly, I think) who use the internet 😮

As for the Deer Hunter conundrum, I guess it was probably referring to this [link following], unless anybody else can think of something better. The first one was released in 1997 though, I think EB came out June 5, 1995. So… yeah. Weird.

BLiZIHGUH said on Nov. 9, 2010

Oh wow, the : o emote ( 😮 ) looks like it’s happy, not gasping 😐

MoonSide said on Nov. 9, 2010

Maybe McD’s were advertising too much for Deer Hunter and ingnored EB. That’ what I’m getting out of it.

babyinatub said on Dec. 2, 2010

Thanks to the magic of Ronald McDonald and Deer Hunter fans, I’ve never had a girlfriend in my life.

Floridian said on Jan. 12, 2011

I still don’t understand how McDonalds is to blame for the Western audience not reciving Mother 3. If someone could clarify this for me, please do.

Mato said on Jan. 12, 2011

He’s not blaming McDonalds exactly, he’s just joking around and saying that Americans only care about crappy stuff that doesn’t require any intelligence.

Floridian said on Jan. 13, 2011

Ah, I see. Thank you, Mato and curse you, Ronald McGiygas!

…despite the fact that I like their food… 🙁

starwars890 said on May. 18, 2011

I like Wendy’s better.. You should try their new fries..

Shaggy The Wolf said on Feb. 4, 2013

Does this explain why they asked me if I wanted piggy jelly on my burger?

Yo said on May. 20, 2013

Ronald scared away Lucas as a kid so he never came to America again.