M1+2 Translation Update (Apr. 13)
A lot of people probably never noticed this, but very few of the items in EarthBound start with vowels. The reason being that this was an easy “fix” to the a/an/some problem, which would mostly be an issue when an item is found inside a gift box. But they screwed up and left some gift items with starting vowels.
Another such item is the rare Xterminator Spray. A full list of the items can be had here.
For the MOTHER 3 fan translation, I’m hoping we’ll be able to do things properly by adding a small hack to the game instead of using this lame cheating way that didn’t even work 100% for Nintendo’s localizers.
Other Related Posts:
11 Comments to No You Can’t Buy a Vowel
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!
- Sato: @Apple Kid It’s probably a UK SNES, which has the same design as the Super Famicom. There’s the possibility that this is a...
- EileenThePizzaQueen: @adex As a (mediocre) feminist I want so badly to be able to defend you here. I absolutely get why you’d be...
- StarmanAlex: JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY
- adex: “Mother2fan” is just some perverted eurocreep who thinks females should be subjected to the naked male form whenever the...