Mother: Cognitive Dissonance 2.0 Released
A lot of people probably never noticed this, but very few of the items in EarthBound start with vowels. The reason being that this was an easy “fix” to the a/an/some problem, which would mostly be an issue when an item is found inside a gift box. But they screwed up and left some gift items with starting vowels.
Another such item is the rare Xterminator Spray. A full list of the items can be had here.
For the MOTHER 3 fan translation, I’m hoping we’ll be able to do things properly by adding a small hack to the game instead of using this lame cheating way that didn’t even work 100% for Nintendo’s localizers.
Other Related Posts:
11 Comments to No You Can’t Buy a Vowel
Featured Item on eBay:
MOTHER 2 Gyiyg's Counterattack w/Poster Game Book Novel Japan EX10
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic