Random Post:

MOTHER Manga: Believe
 EARTHBOUND Mother (NINTENDO FAMICOM 1989) VGA 85 ARCHIVAL CASE

January 26th, 2008 | EarthBound, Uncommon Knowledge

I ran across this last year. Japan used to have a thing called Nintendo Power (not to be confused with the North American gaming magazine), where you could go into a store and download Nintendo games onto a flash cartridge for a fee. Even regular old convenience stores like Lawson had them.

Anyway, doing this may have left some players without any instruction manuals, so Nintendo put up little manual things online for people to download. And I ran across the one for MOTHER 2 a while back. Here it is. Click the pic for the PDF file — it’s not hosted on Nintendo’s site anymore, as they shut down the Nintendo Power service not too long ago.

Click me!

If you’re a collector of random EarthBound stuff, here’s another weird Japanese thing to add to your collection 😀

12 Comments to MOTHER 2 Downloadable Card

Well where would you get the flash cart? said on Feb. 19, 2009

where would you get a flash cart and how could you put it on there in the first place?

DanteAMD said on Feb. 21, 2009

*cough*eBay*cough*

Sconner said on Apr. 13, 2009

So, it was available for PC?

That One Guy said on Apr. 26, 2009

What would you play it on? Was it an executable for PC?

Mato said on Apr. 27, 2009

You could download the games to a flash cart and then play them in your Super Famicom like any old game.

Digitalized said on May. 21, 2009

This is a really old post but,

That’s sick.

death said on Feb. 8, 2010

NoT MUch ComMenTs FoR 2008 I sEe

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Poe said on Feb. 8, 2010

That’s because all of the posts from 2008 were on a different site and the comments weren’t transferred over.

Kyoo said on May. 16, 2010

I’d love to read this, but I don’t have Adobe acrobat reader because I lack an anti virus program and acrobat reader has so many security flaws. you’re insane to have it on your computer without an anti virus.

could somebody make a PNG version of this. (so it’s a flawless vector)

nesstron said on Feb. 14, 2012

I think that you could load 8 games onto the super famicom and 6 onto the game boy version. Like the famicom disk system

nesstron said on Feb. 14, 2012

also the super famicom cartridge cost £30 and the game boy one cost £24

Apple Kid said on Oct. 20, 2012

I wish this was used today in the U.S. for the Wii or 3DS, however I would want a case, because I never use game guides just because guides today don’t include anything the game won’t tell you.