EarthBound Sold Out on Club Nintendo!
Been tossing an idea around in my head the past few days. I’ve always wanted to do this on Starmen.Net since probably months after I started the site in 1999, but setting up a whole section for it would be hellish. But I think if I did it via a blog or something, maybe once week or so, in small doses, it could be pretty cool.
Part 1 of my idea would be to teach a row of kana (both hiragana and katakana) a week, using EB stuff to help people remember. Here are some old example pics.
Those characters being “a”, “mu”, and “yu”… “A” sounds like the “A” in “Atomic Power Robot”, “mu” sounds like the “Mu” in “Musica”, and “yu” sounds like the “U” in “UFO”.
Anyway, for Part 2 of my idea, I’d maybe do a whole row of kana a week (about 10 kana total) and then toss in some stuff to help people try to use the new kana. Like maybe have a bunch of the new kana all together in random combinations, and have people write them out in English letters, like “Amu yua muyuyu” for “あム ユあ ムユユ”. Maybe include some simple vocab words people can learn using their new kana, like “sushi” = すし and such.
Part 3 of my idea would be to include some MOTHER 2 screenshots where people can look for their new kana and possibly put them to use. Quick, lame example pic:
Anyway, not sure if it’s worth the time, and not even sure if people would visit regularly enough to make it worthwhile, but it’s something that could help people learn the evil moon language. Though it might also spawn future job competition for me, so I dunno 😛
Other Related Posts:
15 Comments to I Think I’m Teaching Japanese
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues