MOTHER 3 Mini-Foods
So today marks one year since I started my EarthBound 0 remake hack blog. It’s really scary to think that a whole year has passed. It seems like just yesterday I was really excited to start work on the project, so much that it was hard to sleep because my head was swimming with all kinds of ideas about how to do this and that and how to make this and that work.
But nope, it’s been a year. This particular project is different from most, though. It’s what I call a pet project, meaning it’s more like something I’m doing for myself rather than for an audience. As a result, it might not ever be finished, I might get bored with it, or it could take 50 years, who knows. I’m only really doing it because I love to tinker with the EarthBound ROM, it’s always been a good stress reliever.
But with MOTHER 3 taking precedence, I haven’t even touched any of my EB0 project since probably March 2007. It’s to the point that I’m worried I might have to rewrite all my tools from scratch, since I no longer have detailed knowledge of how they work and what more needed to be done. This, of course, also affects the EarthBound Translation side project that naturally branched off of the EB0 thing. So that might need to be redone from scratch too. So bleh. I don’t think I’ll be working on the EB0 project again for a very long time. If I’m lucky, maybe late this year. If not, then who knows. Oh well.
I’m hoping that by the time I *do* start on the project again, some better tools will have been created by other people. The old music editor was VERY user-unfriendly, and the various map editors… Let’s just say they annoy the poo out of me incredibly, and they’re a huge reason the project stopped suddenly 🙁
Anyway, many people probably don’t realize it, but there ARE very early IPS patches available for download. The latest one is here, it looks like. Check it out (expand your ROM to 6 MB first though?) if you’re bored. Or just check out the latest videos I have here:
Going to Cemetery, Saving Pippi
General screwing around with my in-game debug tool
Also, here are some MP3s from some of the new, hacked music. Much of it is still WIP, but it’s still neat 😀
After MOTHER 3, I might start a real blog similar to that project’s, but for this remake hack instead. I think people would enjoy it more. But let’s see if I can stay sane long enough first.
Other Related Posts:
21 Comments to EarthBound Zero Remake
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...